“We were both young when I first saw you.(初次见面时,我们还都很年少)
I close my eyes and the flashback starts.(我闭上眼,那一幕往事又重现在脑海中)
I'm standing there on a balcony in summer air.(我站在阳台上,享受着夏日的微风)”
汉妮慢慢地闭上了眼睛,脸上露出一个微笑的舒缓表情。而常威脸上的不虞也消散了大半,常初更是幸福地眯起了眼睛。
“See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns.(看着冷火阑珊的舞会和华丽的礼服)
See you make your way through the crowd.(望见你穿过拥挤的人群)
And say hello.(向我打招呼)
Little did I know.(我只记得这么多了)”
常初开始和她的妈妈一起轻轻摆动着身子,常威的脸上也终于露出了一个微笑。无论何时,音乐总有那种让人轻松下来的魅力。
“That you were Romeo,you were throwing pebbles.(你就是朝着我家窗户扔石子儿的罗密欧)
And my daddy said stay away from Juliet.(我爸爸气急败坏地叫你离朱丽叶远一点)
And I was crying on the staircase.(我却蜷坐在楼梯间啜泣)
Begging you please don't go.(心中祈求着你不要离开)”
罗密欧与朱丽叶?汉妮睁开了双眼,和同时朝这边看过来的常威交换了一个有些惊艳的眼神。
“And I said.(我说道)
Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.(罗密欧,带我去一个只有我们二人的地方)
I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run.(我一直等待这一刻,唯一能够做的就是逃离)
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess.(你就是王子,我就是公主)
It's a love story, baby, just say yes.(美好的爱情故事,亲爱的答应我)”
听到这里,常初再也忍不住和她的爸爸妈妈一起继续分享这首歌。她现在只想带着这个收音机一起从厨房之中逃离出去,然后躲在自己的房间里面,一个人安静地享受着莱特的生日礼物。
汉妮此时也松开了搭在女儿肩膀上的手,目送着常初从厨房远去的背影,歌声隐隐地从厨房外面传来。直到常初回到房间并锁上了门之后,这音乐才终于被隔离开。
“So I sneak out to the garden to see you.(我溜到花园和你幽会)
We keep quiet 'cause we're dead if they knew.(我们小心行事,避免被人发现)
So close your eyes.(闭上眼睛)
Escape this town for a little while.(我们逃出这个城镇,哪怕只有一小会儿)
Cause you were Romeo,I was a scarlet letter.(你的出现让我的人生充满色彩)
And my daddy said stay away from Juliet.(我父亲让你离我远点)
But you were everything to me.(但你是我的全部啊)
I was begging you please don't go.(我祈求着你不要离开)
……”
后面的歌曲楼下的汉妮和常威再也听不到了,因为常初此时已经躲进了她的小房间里面。把收音机放在床上,跪趴在床沿边,安静地听着收音机里的歌曲。
“……
Romeo save me,(罗密欧拯救我)
They try to tell me how to feel.(他们试着告诉我怎样去体会)
This love is difficult, but it's real.(尽管这份爱情如此艰难,但很真实)
Don't be afraid, we'll make it out of this mess.(别怕,我们会渡过难关的)
It's a love story, baby, just say yes.(美好的爱情故事,亲爱的,答应我)
……”
常初翻转了一下身体,由原本的跪趴动作变成了背倚在床边,双手环抱着膝盖,小脑袋随着音乐的律动一点一点的。
“I got tired of waiting.(我厌倦了等待)
wondering if you were ever coming around.(想知道你是否会如期而至)
My faith in you was fading.(我的信念在逐渐衰退)
when I met you on the outskirts of town.(当我再一次在小镇的郊外与你相会时)
And I said.(我说)
Romeo save me, I've been feeling so alone.(罗密欧,救救我,我孑然一身太久了)
I keep waiting for you but you never come.(我一直在等你,但你从未现身)
Is this in my head, I don't know what to think.(在我的脑海中一片乱糟糟的,我不知道如何是好)
He knelt to the ground and he pulled out a ring.(他跪在地上,捧出一枚戒指)
And said.(然后说道)
Marry me, Juliet, you'll never have to be alone.(嫁给我吧,朱丽叶,你不再是一个人)
I love you and that's all I really know.(我只知道我深爱着你)
I talked to your dad,go pick out a white dress.(我和你的父亲谈好了,快去挑选你洁白的婚纱)
It's a love story, baby, just say yes.(美好的爱情故事,亲爱的请答应我)
……”
“We were both young when I first saw you.(人生初见时,我们还都很年少)”
“生日快乐,小……”莱特干干巴巴的话从录音机里传了出来,“小,小初。”
砰!
常初的房门和墙壁撞击发出了一声震耳欲聋的声音,随即又是一阵急促的咚咚踩楼梯的声音。
就在楼下餐桌边上的汉妮和常威诧异地对视之际,常初忽然气喘吁吁地重新出现在了厨房的门口。她此时脸色通红,额头上有些微微冒汗,原本整齐的头发此时也比刚才散乱了不少。
“爸爸妈妈!”常初停顿了一下,仿佛是在为刚才的快速奔跑而喘气,“我们今年去法国吧!”